Fill in the application form, sign and submit to TTALPA either via email or in person. Once approved or should any additional information be required, you will be contacted by TTALPA’s Office.
All persons who shall be actively engaged in the commercial flying in Trinidad and Tobago and shall hold a current Commercial Pilots Licence or Airline Transport Pilots Licence or any licence issued by the appropriate competent authority for the time being of Trinidad and Tobago and which shall from time to time represent or be equivalent or superior to any of the said licences, shall be eligible for membership of the Association if such persons are either: –
– engaged in flying in a regular airline as operative members of a crew or
– engaged in flying passengers, goods or mails collectively or separately on any air route, or
– engaged as air pilots, or
– engaged as Flying Instructors or Aircraft Test Pilots.
PROVIDED that no person shall be eligible for membership of the Association who performs managerial executive administrative or disciplinary duties or who is engaged or in any way connected with the management in an executive capacity of a Civil Air Transport Organisation of Trinidad and Tobago unless he derives his livelihood primarily from active engagement as specified above.
Every case shall be considered on its merits by the National Executive Council whose decision shall be final subject to the appeals procedure provided for by these rules A member shall be in good financial standing provided that he is a full member and that his current subscription whether payable annually, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly is fully paid.
All persons who fall within any one of the following categories shall be eligible to be elected associate members of the Association. However, no Associate member shall be able to hold elected office within the Association.
– Pilots serving in the Police or Defence Forces who declare to the Association their intention after release from such Service of entering into the employment of any Civil Air Transport Organisation of Trinidad and Tobago as Pilots and of qualifying for membership of the Association within twelve months (or such other period as the National Executive Council shall at its discretion decide) by entering into such employment as aforesaid,
– Those persons who, though otherwise qualified for membership of the Association, are not actively engaged in the Commercial flying of Trinidad and Tobago.
– Those persons no longer qualified for membership of the Association, (a) Who have been members of the Association or (b) Who, not having been members of the Association, have previously held the qualifications required for membership of the Association, 6.2.4 All persons employed as Navigators by any Civil Air Transport Organisation of Trinidad and Tobago and those persons who shall hold a Flight Navigators Licence issued by the appropriate competent Authority for the time being of Trinidad and Tobago or any Navigators licence issued by such Authority which shall from time to time represent or be equivalent or superior to the flight Navigators licence.
All persons employed by any Company or Organisation registered or incorporated in Trinidad and Tobago as Aircraft Test Pilots, Flying Instructors, Flight Simulator Pilot Instructors or Staff Pilots or any Pilot who is not required as a condition of his employment to hold a current Commercial Pilots licence or Senior Commercial Pilots Licence or Airline Transport Pilots Licence issued by the appropriate competent authority for the time being of Trinidad and Tobago and which shall from time to time represent or be equivalent or superior to any one of the said Licences
Those persons who but for the proviso to Rule 5 would be eligible for full membership of the Association.
Those persons employed as Trainee pilots by all Civil Air Transport Organisation of Trinidad and Tobago may at the absolute discretion of the National Executive Council be accepted under this class for a maximum of one year from the date of application for membership. Transfer to Full membership shall be effective as from a date to be approved by the National Executive Council.
All persons who are under training as Pilots or who propose to undergo such training and who declare to the Association their intention, after the successful completion of such training, of entering into the employment of any Civil Air Transport Organisation of Trinidad and Tobago as Pilots and on entering such employment of taking up Full membership of the Association, within a maximum of three years from date of application for Associate membership.
At the discretion of the Executive Council, the period of membership in thus category may be less than three years. Associates of this class shall at all times be subject to the proviso to Rule 5 and those who fail to qualify for membership within the period herein before prescribed shall forfeit their Associateship.
Every person upon being admitted as a member of the Association shall thereby be deemed to agree to and abide by the Rules of the Association in every respect. In the event of any breach of Rule by a Member, he may be subjected to the exercise of disciplinary powers as provided in 9.2 of this rule. Alternatively and without derogating from the foregoing the member may be reprimanded or admonished by the National Executive Council, In no case will ignorance of a Rule be an excuse for breach thereof or failure to comply therewith.